Bad Credit? No Problem – Top Vehicles to Consider When Looking For An Approval
Have you decided on replacing, or upgrading your current vehicle – but can’t seem to get approved? There are many reasons behind being denied an auto loan, and there’s rarely an easy solution. Thankfully, one of the most simple and effective means of improving your chances – lies in the vehicle of your choosing.
Our belief here at Shannon Motors is that everyone deserves the right to own an affordable, reliable vehicle. For this reason, we’ve compiled a list of models that have historically been known for their reliability, affordability, and ease of getting approved.
Things to consider
Here are a few things to keep in mind that can affect a vehicle loan:
Mileage – High mileage can make any vehicle difficult to finance, try to keep it under 120,000.
Price – Bad credit signals a higher risk loan, counter this by keeping the price under $20,000.
Age – Despite its condition, a vehicle more than 10 years old is much more difficult to finance.
Vehicles with a 3rd row
Many vehicles with a 3rd row are based on SUV, or truck platforms, which makes them cost a lot more. Thankfully, over the last 10 years, crossovers large enough to hold a 3rd-row have become extremely popular. This makes finding an affordable pre-owned option, a lot easier.
- Honda Pilot – The Pilot first came out in 2003, and has been a favorite ever since. It’s still made today, and eventually became one of the most dependable and sought after 3rd-row models available. Not only is it full of safety features, but it also has plenty of power thanks to the standard V6.
- Ford Explorer – The Explorer has shown itself many times over to be a safe choice with plenty of capability. 2011 was an important year for the Explorer, it received a massive re-design. Now, it features a wide chassis, better fuel economy, and bold styling.
- Mitsubishi Outlander – Forget any ideas you may have had about Mitsubishi, the Outlander is a hidden gem when it comes to 3rd-row vehicles. A 3rd row isn’t standard, but it’s not hard to find one if you look. Aggressive styling, car-like handling, and fantastic fuel economy make this a great option to consider.
If you don’t need a 3rd-row and don’t plan to tow anything, a Sedan is a great, affordable choice. Due to a competitive market, most sedans are feature heavy and fantastic on fuel consumption. Not only are they fun to drive, but they also cost less to insure.
- Toyota Camry – As one of the highest rated, most popular vehicles on the planet, the Camry is a fantastic option to consider. It’s large enough to seat 5 grown adults and is super efficient. If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s likely to last far beyond 100,000 miles, the Camry is near the top of the list.
- Nissan Altima – Nissan has always been known for dependability and styling. The standard 4-cylinder engine delivers over 30+ miles per gallon, combined with a long list of standard options, the Altima is the perfect sedan for any individual.
- Hyundai Sonata – The Sonata might night have been a previous consideration, but if you review its long history of reliability, it’s worth checking out. Not only are they extremely affordable, but they’ve also been one of the best selling models in their segment for years.
The Shannon Advantage
We operate a little differently here at Shannon Motors – we offer no-hassle financing options, free trade-in inspections, and include up to a 24 Month/24,000 Mile Limited Warranty* . It’s no wonder that we’ve been awarded the New England Independent Auto Dealer Association Dealer of the Year award 2 years in a row.
We’ve learned a lot about over the last 40 years, and invite you to visit any of our 4 locations, in either Johnston, Providence, Woonsocket or Somerset.
*Exclusions apply. See dealer for details.